1. Wan C, Zhang MM, Fang Q, Xiong L, Zhao XQ*, Hasunuma T, Bai FW, Kondo A. The impact of zinc sulfate addition on the dynamic metabolic profiling of Saccharomyces cerevisiae subjected to long term acetic acid stress treatment and identification of key metabolites involved in the antioxidant effect ofzinc.Metallomics, 2015 Feb;7(2):322-32.
2. Wan C, Md. Alam A, Zhao XQ*, Zhang XY, Guo SL, Ho SH, Chang JS, Bai FW. Current progress and future prospect of microalgal biomass harvest using various flocculation technologies. Bioresource Technol, 2014, in press.
3. Ma C, Wei XW, Sun CH, Zhang F, Xu JR, Zhao XQ*, Bai FW. Improvement of acetic acid tolerance of Saccharomyces cerevisiae using a zinc-finger- based artificial transcription factor and identification of novel genes involved in acetic acid tolerance. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol, 2014, Accepted.
4. Chen C, Feng WW, Qin S, Zhao XQ*. Streptomyces xiaopingdaonensis sp. nov., a novel marine actinomycete isolated from the sediment of Xiaopingdao in Dalian, China. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, 2014, in press.
5. Wan C, Zhao XQ*, Guo SL, Md. Alam A, Bai FW. Bioflocculant production from Solibacillus silvestris W01 and its application in cost-effective harvest of marine microalga Nannocloropsis oceanica by flocculation, Bioresource Technol, 2013, 135: 207-212.
6. Liu Z, Zhao XQ*, Bai FW. Production of xylanase by an alkaline-tolerant marine-derived Streptomyces viridochromogenes strain and improvement by ribosome engineering. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol, 2013, 97: 4361-4368.
7. He LY, Zhao XQ*, Bai FW*. Engineering industrial Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain with the FLO1-derivative gene isolated from the flocculating yeast SPSC01 for constitutive flocculation and fuel ethanol production. Appl Energ, 2012, 100: 33-40.
8. Guo SL, Zhao XQ*, Wan C, Huang ZY, Yang YL, Md. Alam A, Ho SH, Bai FW, Chang JS. Characterization of flocculating agent from the self-flocculating microalga Scenedesmus obliquus AS-6-1 for efficient biomass harvest. Bioresource Technol, 2013, 145: 285-289.
9. Li Q, Zhao XQ*, Chang AK, Zhang QM, Bai FW*. Ethanol-induced yeast flocculation directed by the promoter of TPS1encoding trehalose-6-phosphate synthase 1 for efficient ethanol production. Metab Eng, 2012, 14: 1-8.
10. Zhao XQ, Li Q, He L, Li F, Que W, Bai FW*. 2012. Exploration of a natural reservoir of flocculating genes from various Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains and improved ethanol fermentation using stable genetically engineered flocculating yeast strains. Process Biochem, 2012, 47(11): 1612-1619.
11. Zhao XQ, Bai FW*. Zinc and yeast stress tolerance: micronutrient plays a big role. J Biotechnol, 2012, 158: 176-183.
12. Guo SL, Zhao XQ*, Tang Y, Md. Alam A, Wan C, Ho SH, Bai FW, Chang JS. 2012. Establishment of an efficient genetic transformation system in Scenedesmus obliquus. J Biotechnol, 2012, 163(1): 61-68.
13. Xue C, Zhao XQ*, Bai FW*. Effect of the size of yeast flocs and zinc supplementation on continuous ethanol fermentation performance and metabolic flux distribution under very high gravity conditions. Biotechnol Bioeng, 2010, 105: 935-944.
14. Zhao XQ, Gust B, Heide L*. S-Adenosylmethionine (SAM) and antibiotic biosynthesis: Effect of external addition of SAM and of overexpression of SAM biosynthesis genes on novobiocin production in Streptomyces. Archiv Microbiol, 2010, 192: 289-97.
15. Zhao XQ, Bai FW*. Yeast flocculation: new story in fuel ethanol production. Biotechnol Adv 2009, 29: 849-856.
16. Zhao XQ, Bai FW*. 2009. Mechanism of yeast ethanol tolerance and its manipulation for efficient fuel ethanol production. Journal of Biotechnology 27: 849-856.
17. Zhao XQ, Xue C, Ge XM, Wang JY, Yuan WJ, Bai FW*. 2009. Impact of zinc supplementation on the improvement of ethanol tolerance and ethanol yield of self-flocculating yeast in continuous ethanol fermentation. J Biotechnol, 2009, 139: 55-60.
18. Zhao XQ, Li WJ, Jiao WC, Li Y, Yuan WJ, Zhang YQ, Klenk HP, Suh JW, Bai FW*. Streptomyces xinghaiensis sp. nov., a new marine actinomycete derived from a marine sediment sample. Int J Syst Evol Micr, 2009, 59: 2870-2874.
19. Lei JJ, Zhao XQ*, Ge XM, Bai FW*. Ethanol tolerance and the variation of plasma membrane composition of yeast floc populations with different size distribution. J Biotechnol, 2007, 131: 270-275.
20. Zhang MM, Zhao XQ*, Cheng C, Bai FW. Improved growth and ethanol fermentation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae in the presence of acetic acid by overexpression of SET5 and PPR1. Biotechnology Journal, 2015, 10(12), 1903-1911.